Greene County releases guidelines on vehicle parades
GREENE COUNTY — As the Miami Valley works to find new ways to celebrate special occasions
As the Miami Valley works to find new ways to celebrate special occasions during the coronavirus pandemic, Greene County Public Health released guidelines on how people can come together while keeping a safe distance.
Many are turning to vehicle parades to show their support and love for family, friends and even essential workers on the front lines of the pandemic.
>> Coronavirus: Complete Coverage
Public Health Dayton-Montgomery County recently announced guidelines on how to safely organize a vehicle parade. Greene County Public Health is also following those recommendations.
Anyone who chooses to participate in a vehicle parade should do the following:
- No one who feels sick should participate.
- All participants’ temperature should be taken before they leave home.
- One person or household per vehicle.
- If meeting before the parade, all vehicles and people must remain 6 feet apart.
- Participants must say in their vehicles at all times.
- No objects can be passed between vehicles and parade viewers.
- All traffic laws must be followed.
- While in residential areas participants should remember that there may be others recovering from coronavirus. Disturbances should be kept to a minimum.
- Keep in mind that shouting at someone increases the risk of spreading coronavirus.
- Viewers and participants should wear masks.
- Viewers must stay out of the street and remain 6 feet apart at all times.
- Do not physically visit other people’s homes to view the parade unless you are providing help as outlined in the state’s stay-at-home order.
- No parades should be held at senior living centers, nursing homes or hospice facilities.
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.