Lots of airline loyalty programs have partnerships with rental car companies, which is an opportunity to earn airline miles for renting cars. At the moment Etihad has an especially lucrative promotion for Avis rentals, which is worth considering if you have any upcoming rental car needs.
Table of Contents
25K Etihad miles for a three day Avis rental
As first flagged by Frequent Flyer Bonuses, Etihad Guest has an amazing promotion right now, as you can earn 25,000 bonus Etihad Guest miles when completing an Avis rental of three or more days:
- You must book between October 28 and October 31, 2022, at this link
- You must pick-up your rental between November 1 and December 23, 2022; the rental must be completed by December 31, 2022
- You must rent in the United States (excluding Alaska), Canada, Europe, Middle East, Africa, or Asia
- You must rent a Group C car or above
- Etihad Guest members can take advantage of this promotion up to three times
- This is in addition to the standard Etihad Guest mileage earning rates for Avis rentals, which is at least three miles per dollar spent
This is an amazing offer
With this promotion, I’m seeing three day rentals in many cities pricing out around ~$200 all-in. That’s a pretty amazing deal — personally I value Etihad Guest miles at 1.1 cents each, so to me the miles alone could justify the cost of a rental.
The major catch is that Etihad Guest is a bit of a niche program. This isn’t Air Canada Aeroplan or American AAdvantage, so I’d only want to acquire Etihad Guest miles at that rate with a specific redemption in mind. I wouldn’t want to rent specifically to earn the miles, only to have 25,000 Etihad Guest miles and not know what to do with them.
On the plus side, Etihad Guest miles are pretty easy to earn with transferable points currencies. Etihad Guest is transfer partners with Amex Membership Rewards, Capital One, and Citi ThankYou, so that gives you lots of options for topping off your account.
For a limited time you can earn 25,000 bonus Etihad Guest miles for an Avis rental of three or more days. This is one of the best rental car promos we’ve ever seen for earning miles, and you could easily rack up 25,000+ miles with a ~$200 rental.
This has the potential to be a great offer, especially if you know how to redeem Etihad Guest miles. While I wouldn’t do a “rental car run” to take advantage of this, I’d certainly prioritize this promo if you have any upcoming rental car needs.
Do you plan on taking advantage of this Etihad rental car promo with Avis?